[Tig] mistake in wikipedia?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Mon Jul 16 00:04:56 BST 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 7:48 PM, Dominic Case wrote:

>> (why was she called a China Girl? perhaps the first girl was from
>> China?)
>
> If only there was an amusing answer to this. It would be better
> than the
> real one, which is that in order to be what it had to be, the China
> Girl had
> to be shot on original camera negative - not a dupe of any sort - and
> because Kodak made it for supply to all the labs, they needed a
> lot. So the
> model was not a real model but a mannequin made of (apparently)
> porcelain
> (or china).

I still find the real answer amusing, because it wouldn't have been
my first guess.  I could swear though Dominic that I've had film on
the telecine that included a live female blinking in the 3 to 5 feet
I had of her image.  Could that have been long ago when she was live?

--
Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html
rob at calarts.edu