[Tig] Dubner photo from BT

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Tue Jul 31 22:23:25 BST 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Robert Houllahan wrote:

> As probably the last shop running a Dubner in the US I have to inform
> you all it is being changed out for a DaVinci 888 a end to a very
> long run for this excellent little box! As for the functionality of
> the machine it is surprisingly more 60's-70's Lotus like than ModelT.

I notice Rob you have perhaps a list of the switch functions of your
Dubner
below the middle keypad.  As I recall, and this could have been
specific to
the configuration at Action Video Hollywood where I worked, #2 was
negative
(off was positive); #3.... hm, I forget..  but I think #7 was freeze;
Dave
Tosh do you remember, or Bob Festa, Terry Goins?  Top left of screen
is raw
frame count; top right fps/Hz; just left of READ/WRITE flag are the
X,Y,Z
flags; PAN L means linear pan (N was nonlinear); does it appear in
the photo
that corrections for events 0 and 1440 were not saved, as there is a
dash
instead of a "C" at right of their entries?  It appears switches 2,3
and 4
are engaged; can you advise Rob what the row of dashes to the right
of SW
mean (SoftWare version? or is that where another mode of the "Switches"
is shown.)?  READ/WRITE mode are obvious functions of the software if
you
know how a Dubner works; ModRead came along later, engaged by "Shift
Read/Write" and there was either a ModWrite or ModPreview mode as
well, the
differences not standing the test of memory at the moment.

We always called it the Dubner, but as H. Dubner and his company were
perhaps
better-known for their character generator, what was the official
name of the
color corrector?   thanks in advance.

--
Rob Lingelbach