[Tig] Tertiaries

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Jun 1 04:25:26 BST 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 5:41 AM, Cem Ozkilicci wrote:

> just to let you know the term quaternary does exist
> and is defined as :"the visual equal mixture of a
> primary and a tertiary" .... FURTHERMORE ...  you also
> have a "quinary" which is the mixture of a secondary
> in a visually equal proportion with a tertiary" ...

quite interesting Cem, and further research has turned up
color combinations known as:
Tetradic (double complementary) color scheme
    (also called Rectangle)
Triadic
Split Complementary
Analogous
Square

which are described here:
http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-schemes.html
I have no connection with the above website which offers items for sale.
This site also has some notes on color schemes:
http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm

Note that though the representations are in additive color space if
you look at them on a monitor, I believe they are meant to be applied
to the subtractive process, such as in print, fabric, jewelry, etc.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html