[Tig] Old SDI New SDI

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Fri Jun 1 17:48:11 BST 2007

Hello Tiggers

I have a quick question about SDI protocol Last time Dave Corbitt was
up here we tried to hunt down a little problem and he mentioned that
our Copernicus CC was using the older 601 sdi standard making it
slightly incompatible with the newer SDI to YUV/Composite boxes from
the likes of AJA.

What' s the deal? is there a newer chip to replace the older SDi
encoders? should I be using SDI to Parallel boxes I/O to the 4X4?

And we got a Ikegami TM-20-20R monitor which has a SDI card that does
not work is there a replacement for that sony SDi chip?

Thanks to all.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com