[Tig] commercial workflow, finish in the US

throb - Robert Nederhorst xthrob at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:01:17 BST 2007

i worked on a commercial last year that was finished at SD but we
scanned all the film and used scans for our greenscreen plates.
personally, i do not like telecine'd footage and i love raw film scans
so this was the way i chose to finish the work.

recently we shot viper and finished 1/2 hd res (sd delivery) and are
in the process of re-rendering at hd.  the viper shoot not only
delivered more images more quickly but i can say with all certainty
that the quality was significantly cleaner and more to my taste than
that of film.

rob

--
throb | vfx | speedshape | la | http://throb.net