[Tig] WEB Links For The New Workflow

Lorne Miess colourist at telus.net
Wed Jun 6 23:51:34 BST 2007

Hi,

A few years ago a group of us put our heads together to get amass
some web links to give to aspiring telecine assistants as a base for
the information they need to know.

This included links for audio, video, control and time-code as well
as some colour theory.  They would be able to get some fundamental
information on telecine transfers.  Thanks to those who helped out.

Well jump ahead 4 years and the technology has changed.  File based
telecine transfers and digital intermediate workflow have become a
standard part of our operation and we have picked up on work-flows
from the computer industry.  Would you like to get a list together of
basic information your operators should know for file based scanning,
non-linear colour correction and film out?  Maybe George
Cvjetnicanin, Richard Kallenberger and Stuart Blake Jones can do an
update to their book Film Into Video for Film Into Data.

Here's a couple of links to get the idea as a start.

http://www.digitalpraxis.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_intermediate

http://www.theasc.com/magazine/jan05/conundrum/page1.html

thanks in advance