[Tig] OT: The more things change...

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Apr 2 02:31:43 BST 2008

In 1952, when most TV was live, production space was a premium. A
May, 1952 "Architectural Forum" article about the construction of CBS
Television City has this gem:

One TV executive explained: "The reason you see so much murder on TV
is that murder is all we have studio space for. All you need is a
victim and a murderer, maybe a rope and a dark corner. Give us room
and maybe we'll be able to afford something else."

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:   (530) 741-1212

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

With 3GHz 4-processor MacPro powering Final Cut Studio