[Tig] OT symbol for camera

Dick Hobbs dick at hobbsonline.tv
Thu Apr 3 13:11:06 BST 2008

The quaint Bolex graphic is the UK standard for a traffic camera (of  
which we have so many...).

Some of the speed cameras do still have film in them, I understand,  
rather than a digital camera with numberplate recognition. But the  
logo is quaint, by any standards.

Dick (who never exceeds the speed limit so has no need to worry about  
traffic cameras)


Dick Hobbs
Consultant and writer on television and film technology
+44 1435 830988
Skype DickHobbs
dick at hobbsonline.tv

On 3 Apr 2008, at 12:57, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
1826 subscribers as of April 2008
MTI Film supports the TIG

this goes fairly far afield of our usual topics, but it's hard to  
resist.   There is a story in today's LA Times, about a new $50 fee  
for people driving certain large cars in central London, at the URL  
under this paragraph.  There is a photo accompanying the article, of a  
roadsign that may be used to indicate the new Green Zone of London.   
The roadsign has a symbol on it that at first glance, looks to me like  
a plumbing reducer, with dual 90-degree outlets offset.   However, it  
looks like it's supposed to be the symbol for a camera, though it  
looks to me like a Bolex, and they'll have to rush the small film  
loads to the lab and reload the camera very quickly.


Rob Lingelbach TIG admin.founder
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html

No personal abuse; absolutely no advertising or marketing on the main  
TIG mailinglist.  Emergency
tig contact address is rob (at) calarts.edu
Tig mailing list
Tig at tig.colorist.org

This email has been checked by the altohiway Mailcontroller Service

More information about the Tig mailing list