[Tig] OT symbol for camera

Dominic Case cased at atlab.com.au
Thu Apr 3 23:33:13 BST 2008

This symbol has always looked like a Hasselblad to me. A Rolleiflex is a
twin-lens reflex camera.

Many of these road signs seem to use traditional(or even obsolete) symbols.
The "camera" symbol for speed cameras here in Australia is a traditional
SLR, front-on, which isn't too bad: but the symbol for a rail crossing is
still a steam engine, and our "historic site" symbol on tourist direction
signs (and maps) is the traditional English castle complete with
battlements. A trifle odd in a country where historic sites are more likely
to be thousands-of-years-old aboriginal cave paintings or rock carvings.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised there is a need for a camera symbol on the London
sign at all, in a city where there are apparently as many CCTV cameras as
people.

Dominic Case
Atlab Australia