[Tig] OT symbol for camera

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Apr 4 00:06:05 BST 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Dominic Case wrote:

>  but the symbol for a rail crossing is
> still a steam engine, and our "historic site" symbol on tourist
> direction
> signs (and maps) is the traditional English castle complete with
> battlements. A trifle odd in a country where historic sites are more
> likely
> to be thousands-of-years-old aboriginal cave paintings or rock
> carvings.

if it weren't for oddities.. life in a standardized world might be a
bit boring.  But signage, it's a subject quite interesting, as Umberto
Eco knows (semiotics).

The road signs in the US, being so familiar, are fairly boring to me,
though when seen out of context, as on a computer display, take on
different meanings.

--
Rob Lingelbach TIG admin.founder
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html