[Tig] tig:CSI Latest UK Series !Quality!

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Apr 9 19:51:28 BST 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Peter Swinson wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I have no doubt Paul did a great job. I now wish I had
> recorded the show so I could send you a copy of it's lack of quality.
> I guess if it was bounced to the UK via satellite, you may be correct that
> some decision to compress the hell out of it needed some 'orrible pre
> proccessing.

I am thinking that there needs to be a way for content providers to
sue or charge broadcasters if they knowingly screw it up in delivery.
What we need is a quality control system so that specialized recievers
located in various places around the world can evaluate the quality of
the received program and report results back to the content producers
so that the broadcasters can pay up.  If a broadcaster wants to reduce
the quality in order to make room for more programs, then they should
be willing to pay a fee to the original content provider.

The current system is similar to selling a licensed copy of a book
with only the first and last chapters included and adding the term
"abridged" in small print on the cover.  This is not fair to either
the author or the reader.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn