[Tig] San Labs cleaner

Robert Houllahan rob at cinelab.com
Thu Apr 10 01:08:18 BST 2008

HI

I am completely re engineering our San Labs cleaner for better
performance, i.e. it will go from bottom (dirty) to top (clean)
instead of Top to bottom (anbody ever hear of gravity making junk
fall?) so in my rebuilding of the drive logic I have decided to do
away with the mechanical switch lever and replace it with an omron IR
proximity sensor. Any thoughts on the slight IR beam? I assume that IR
being used for dirt passes on scanners makes it safe or a non issue
for cleaning film? Just looking for confirmation or any possible long
term issues with using an IR sensor.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
rob at cinelab.com