[Tig] tig:CSI Latest UK Series !Quality!

Nichols Craig Craig.Nichols at thomson.net
Thu Apr 10 19:47:33 BST 2008

Years ago, I heard an analogy of future content distribution services
being kind of like the setting out of a scene on the movie Brazil with
some poor sap in a nightmarish room having to cram things like a whole
fish (content) down a series of pipes of various diameters.  If someone
wants to pay for it, they get the big pipe, and if they don't what they
send gets "squished" (compressed) down a thin narrow pipe. Either the
customer gets a whole "fish" out of the other side of a big pipe, a
compressed or squeezed "fish" from a medium pipe, or they get "fish
mush" from the small pipe. I suspect CSI got "squished" down a "thin
pipe". I've worked with the colorist before and his output as been
consistently first rate.

Craig Nichols
Sr. Digital Film Engineer
Thomson Grass Valley
craigbnichols at thomson.net
Disclaimer - I don't work for The Post Group, but they do use our
Datacines.