[Tig] "K" transition type in EDL

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 20:39:07 BST 2008

In a message dated 4/10/2008 11:00:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jeff.olm at gmail.com writes:

> Might be "key" as in title key.
> Jeff Olm
> LA, CA
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Jack James <jack at surrealroad.com> wrote:
>
> >1826 subscribers as of April 2008
> >Cine-tal supports the TIG.
> >http://colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/TIGNABFS08
> > ====
> >

> >Does anyone know what the "K" transition type in a CMX EDL is? I've
> >never seen it before today and I can't find it in any EDL
> >specification...
> >
> >Jack
> >---

Yes, it does (usually) mean key, especially if it is written as two or more
lines of text, usually indicating key A over B, transition rate 30 frames, for
example.

David Crosthwait (CMX/GVG/Sony/Axial/ISC/Mach One-a long time ago- linear, DS
Nitris non-linear editor)
DC Video
Archive Videotape Re-mastering
177 West Magnolia Blvd.