[Tig] grading split-screens?

Owen Williams owilliams at powderhouse.net
Thu Apr 10 22:34:05 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 15:09 -0600, Joe Owens wrote:
> > In applications that only support one layer of video (like Color for
> > instance) how are these shots normally treated?
>

> Where would you have gotten this tidbit of misinformation?

(pokes around, discovers right click / new track)  oh.  I had been
looking in the timeline menu, and the option wasn't there.

So does this not come up at all?  I could still see this happening if a
client delivered an onlined sequence and just wanted a grading pass, and
the sequence was flattened.

fxguide did a recent podcast with Local Hero Post, and the guy there
said they import projects as single-layer DPX sequences for grading in
Scratch.  That made me wonder how they'd deal with layered effects.

owen