[Tig] BRRE revisited (was Re: tig:CSI)

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Apr 10 22:36:55 BST 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Dominic Case wrote:

> Except that it seems that BRRE is a _compressed_ form of Bubble Rate
> Rise
> Experiment, and this thread is an example of the ease with which
> data can be
> corrupted when compression has eliminated all redundancy.

most brilliant triple-entendre in recent TIGalia.

BRREs have not run their course to decisive conclusions, as anyone
here long enough knows.  There will no doubt be many attempts in the
various tipping labs of Las Vegas presently.   But what does one do at
home or work, prevented from attending these cyclic Swinsonian bent-
elbow sessions, due to income concerns?

Bubble Rise-Rate Experiments, and their concomitant escape
perturbations in flatulence (the Topazio-Robinson Scatter Theory)
depend on a supply of ale, and water is ale's main component.  Whence
the water?  Rain, of course.  How fast does the rain fall, in
replenishing the brewing reservoirs?  Any enterprising TIG engineer
can answer, given a ruler, a rapid frame-rate camera, and a ruler.
Another solution inolves a highly sensitve force meter inside a
windproof cylinder.  Windproof, or gasproof, measurements cannot be
had inside a Swinsonian tipping lab, hence (horror) we have to go
outside.  The drop hits meter membrane apparatus, causing spike on
scope, followed by dip from baseline.  This data, after applying
classic Newtonian movement equations, eructs the answer.

--
Rob Lingelbach TIG admin.founder
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html