[Tig] grading split-screens?

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Thu Apr 10 22:47:00 BST 2008

> So does this not come up at all?  I could still see this happening
> if a
> client delivered an onlined sequence and just wanted a grading
> pass, and
> the sequence was flattened.

Same as a tape-to-tape pass on daVinci, etc.  You would have to
create your own windows, mattes, masks, etc.  Can be done.  Now it
will be a trick if Apple can lash up a work-around to show the
various layers 'composited' in some way so that grading can occur
contextually.  You would be technically correct in saying that COLOR
only supports playback of one layer at a time....

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4