[Tig] tig:CSI Latest UK Series !Quality!

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Apr 11 22:43:41 BST 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Bob Kertesz wrote:

> The entire delivery model from the head end or uplink studio would have to be
> changed in order for what you suggest to have any effect.
>
> The compression of the images takes place long before the consumer is allowed
> any choices at all. They don't compress your signals more or less depending on
> what you order - they compress the hell out of everything before sending it
> anywhere. Subscribing to only the HD tier will get you the crap HD and nothing
> else. This is true for both satellite and cable delivery.

I know this.  The idea is if that enough people don't order what they
don't want, that eventually the junk channels will go away and there
will be some focus on what people want to watch.

The current advertising-based model is broken.  Advertisers have been
duped into advertising on channels that no one is watching.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn