[Tig] High-end monitors at NAB08

woz warrenl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 12:06:59 BST 2008

As a salesman would say, it's an extra option for those who want their
monitors to behave like good old fashioned CRT's.
I wonder if there's a case to be put for having this mode to check for
artefacts which might show differently on 50Hz TV sets? (Aliasing springs to
mind)
Do they offer simulated cross-colour too?

woz    (ITV  3Sixtymedia)

On 17/04/2008, Adrian Thomas <adrian at autotv.co.uk> wrote:

> 1826 subscribers as of April 2008
> Gary Adams supports the TIG
> http://colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/TIGNABFS08
>   ====
>

> On 16 Apr 2008, at 18:35, glenn chan wrote:
> >
> > -Handling of interlacing:  Their monitor has a strip of LEDs in the
> > side.
> > The LEDs fire from top to bottom to emulate the scanning of a CRT.
> > They
> > scan fields instead of deinterlacing into full frames / 50% black
> > lines at
> > once.
>
> > -Subtle flickering at 50Hz just like a CRT.
>

> Does anyone else think this is a HUGE step backwards?
>
> --
> Adrian Thomas
> AUTOMATIC TELEVISION
> LONDON UK WC2N 4DU
> www.autotv.co.uk
> +44 (0) 20 7240 2073
>
> --

This email including any attachment(s) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged information, which may be used only by the addressee. If
you are not the addressee or their delivery agent, then you may not
disclose, disseminate, print, copy, store or otherwise use any information
therein contained.
If you believe or suspect that you have received this mail in error, please
be kind enough to notify the sender, and delete it from your system.
The sender accepts no liability of any kind either for errors arising from
transmission of this email or for any loss or damage sustained if this email
and/or its attachments are communicated to any person other than the
intended recipient. Thank you.