[Tig] visit_ka and test chart

Nils Lind Petersen DR TES Service Broadcast nlp at dr.dk
Mon Apr 21 08:56:42 BST 2008

hi Rob

Thanks for drawing attention to my web-page from Knud Arne's place.
I've never seen anything like this, both messy and facinating.  - but
I think he need some help in getting it organized ;-)

About test charts, I've found it is also good to have small (2 %
greystep) level changes between 90-100%;
and some long and thin diagonal lines too. Some artifacts are revealed
on flat-screen monitors with this.

It is also not too difficult to make a slow rotating thin line with
the daVinci disolve,
and often the deflection-linearity show very less than perfect.

best wishes
Nils

ps: you can post this to TIG if you find it usefull.

Nils Lind Petersen
Telecine engineer, DR TEK Service Decentralt
http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/User:Nlp

DR
DR-Byen
DK-0999 Copenhagen C