[Tig] Archiving From Holographic to Bubbles!

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Thu Apr 24 21:58:17 BST 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Peter Swinson wrote:

> Forgive my ancient love affair with film but what happened to the
> research
> into using film as a digital archive.

I had mentioned off-list to Rob the other day that perhaps one could
store data ala "bar code" much like variable density sound tracks of
old.

And would the CBS Electron Beam Recording system be useful as a data
writer onto film?

Have no clue as to what the useful data packing densities of either
might be at the moment, or what they could be with extended R&D.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Now back to revising song called "Rust on Thin Plastic" to the tune
of "Nights in White Satin."  Spoken part at the end needs work. : )

Ted

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:   (530) 741-1212

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

With 3GHz 4-processor MacPro powering Final Cut Studio