[Tig] Bob Brown

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Tue Apr 29 23:54:17 BST 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Craig Fearing wrote:

>  (Neil) considered his
> employees to be the company assets, and the equipment they used or
> designed
> to be the liabilities.

that's because Neil grew up right, meaning right next door to where I
grew up, in Roslyn Long Island.

> I know many employers do have the same sentiments, but I especially
> salute
> those who make it known to their employees.

I think what can happen in service occupations, is that when
consolidation occurs- as in corporate culture taking precedence over
creative environment- individual effort can suffer, from lack of
recognition and lack of innovation.   We've seen something of this at
times with post-production.   I've been waiting for the cycle to swing
back toward boutique-based houses and we might be entering that phase
soon.

We could also make comparisons between certain kinds of corporate
monopolistic software and the freer type that has less hierarchy, but
it can get political quickly, etc.

Rob
--
Rob Lingelbach