[Tig] 24p frame rate

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Aug 1 21:32:09 BST 2008

is that ever a good question.  i anticipate a very good response.

having worked in both NTSC and PAL, and now in a PAL situation, I
cringe when I crossover into the 50Hz world because my eyes are just
not programmed for the flicker, at first.

but a funny thing happens: after a day or two, you don't notice it any
more (at least I don't).  the brain adapts, resynchronizes.

The same happened to me when I worked in 1080/24p, at first I thought
eeek, this is really a step backwards.  But after a few days, it was
almost invisible, except on those nasty pans.   And as you noted,
going back to film, it makes the whole management of the flow a lot
easier.  But...

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org    http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html