[Tig] Fwd: HDCAM SR 23.976 to PAL Downconvert Question

Agustin Goya | Wancamp agustingoya at wancamp.com.ar
Wed Aug 6 14:10:24 BST 2008

Hi Joe! Yes, it's very confusing.
I've been told that the specs are reffered to the setting of the panasonic
UFC-1800.
Maybe inside this equipment this settings are possible. I've downloaded the
User manual og UFC-1800 and the pull-down options are None, 2:2, and 3:2.
What I need to find now is what is the difference between None and 2:2 in
the UFC-1800 with 23.98 input and 25 output. I think that the 23.98 output
rate must be a mistake.

I don't have acces to such device and thik I'll never have in Argentina, so
maybe someone from the list could tell me it the 2:2 pulldown is the usual
1frame=2fields resulting in a 4.1% speed up.

I've also checked what greg fisher sent but i can achieve that from the DS
where the grading will be made. Once inside DS there's very easy to create a
new sequence with different framerate and do a frame to frame virtual
"Telecine" from the original sequence.

Thanks for your help,

Agustin Goya
Wancamp.Post