[Tig] fleshtone unification

Craig Leffel craig at optimus.com
Mon Aug 11 03:37:24 BST 2008

Quoting Bob Festa <bobfesta at mac.com>:

"We all know how
sensitive some clients are to green, don't we? Of course, every item
in my chain (4K, Revolution, and Sony LCD) is new and different, so I
reserve the right to be wrong."

Well, well, well...... Mr. Festa.

Bob, I gotta say, it's great to see you posting with what I think is a gleam in
your eye, and some excitement for new gear and new directions....

I'm merely on a new Baselight 8 myself ( still CRT at the moment though ) and
I'm incredulous at the amount of options I now have to problem solve. Something
like flesh tone - that's driven us all crazy for years... now has 5 or 6 options
for fixing it - instead of convincing yourself and your clients that "you've
done all you can". Maybe you never said that Bob, but I sure have.

Anyway, it's just exciting to me to hear stories now that don't involve the same
ol' same ol' ... and what I look forward to most is our new abilities to put our
own "stamp" on an image sequence, rather than the same ol' looks by the same 2
manufacturers....

Ain't it fun?

Enjoy yourself Bob, I'm really happy for you, and wish you the best of luck with
this new venture. I'll wait a few more weeks before we start to share the joys
of owner/operatorship .......... ;>)

Craig Leffel

Senior Blah blah
Optimus