[Tig] OT:Caine

Dominic Case cased at atlab.com.au
Thu Aug 14 03:14:44 BST 2008

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Dominic Case wrote:
>>> Michael Caine.  I had thought, as represented by his recent films,
>>> that he
>> was a B actor.
>>
>> A actor.
>> B movies, with a few exceptions.

One of the curses of automated reply mode in emails.

I didn't ever think Michael Caine was a B actor. But in the interests of
economy, I failed to attribute that remark to Rob. (Who went on to say he
had learnt better after seeing Sleuth (the first one)).

What I actually identify as my own thoughts is the next couple of lines . .
.

>> A actor.
>> B movies, with a few exceptions.

Michael Caine is widely quoted as conceding that he often appeared in
appalling movies - just for the money. Asked what he thought of a dud movie
he'd been in, he says "not much, but I think a lot more of the house it
built for me".

Dominic Case
Atlab Australia
views expressed here may be mine alone