[Tig] Dark Knight was not a DI grade

Marc Wielage mfw at musictrax.com
Tue Aug 19 00:58:14 BST 2008

On 8/18/08 7:18 AM, "warren eagles" <weagles at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Anybody interested in the work done by Double Negative on the Dark
> Knight?
> or "Stereo" grading on "Journey to the Center"
>------------------------------<snip>------------------------------<

I finally saw DARK KNIGHT in Imax over the weekend, and thought it looked
dynamite.  I was surprised there were so many Imax shots in the film -- I'd
bet there was at least half an hour of original 65mm material, judging by
how many times the aspect ratio popped back and forth between 2.40 and 1.85.

Incredibly good-looking film.  The critics were right, though -- Batman's
voice sounds weird as hell, and Gary Oldman's narration at the end is almost
unintelligible, because the music level is so high.  Minor nitpicks for a
terrific film.

--Marc Wielage/Senior Colorist
Technicolor Creative Services
Hollywood, USA

NOTE:  The comments above are strictly mine, and may not necessarily
represent those of my employers.