[Tig] monitors and projectors

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Aug 27 18:17:05 BST 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Clive Christopher wrote:

> What monitors are people using given that CRT's are on the way out.
> What projection systems are the best to color correct with.

I plan to use a Picoprojector for all serious grading in the future.
"http://gizmodo.com/341915/texas-instruments-wee-picoprojector-for-projecting-on-the-go".
The latest OMAP CPU from TI (used in cell phones such as from Nokia)
supports up to 720P.  That should be sufficient for any use.

TI is not the only company working on introducing picoprojectors.  I
have read about another company which is using lasers for projection.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn