[Tig] OT: color space in Photoshop, from Nikon NEF.

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Dec 2 17:56:22 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, Joe Owens wrote:

> At least for me, this "no implicit colourspace" associated with a RAW file is
> what is a bit confusing when approaching the RED Cinema family of products.

RAW files do actually have an "implicit colorspace" but it is a
colorspace depending on the nature of the image sensor and the current
camera settings.  If the camera settings are entirely manual, then it
is possible to create a profile which represents the camera's
"implicit colorspace" for those settings.  An image of a standard
calibration reference target is sufficient.  For this situation, it
does not matter if the camera is from RED Cinema or is a Nikon SLR.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn