[Tig] HDSR RGB vs YUV and "Quality"

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Mon Dec 8 22:51:41 GMT 2008

And so the result is this:  http://video.google.ca/videoplay?
docid=-2092507199939708497&hl=en
The Leader of the Opposition of the Federal Parliament of Canada,
trying to win the hearts and minds of a nation, with a historically
unprecedented coalition being formed to wrest power from a minority
government.  This is the future of a North American country, a G8
member, at stake.  And being judged how?  The medium is the message,
and the message in this case, "We're a bunch of amateurs" and we want
to run the country.  This video is being pilloried by the National
media.

Uh, in other news, the Prime Minister (the other "fine fellow") then
turned around and hijacked what we laughingly refer to as democracy
by asking the Governor General (aka the Crown) to 'prorog' Parliament
-- that is, suspended the state, to avoid a motion of Non-Confidence
that would have brought down the government.  The options for the
Crown would have been to call another election (last one was in
October, less than two months ago), or invite the "Coalition" to form
a new government.  Meanwhile, Rome burns.  For want of a nail, a
horse was lost, for want of a horse... and so on...

It isn't always about selling hamburgers or cars.  But the equivalent
would be like forgetting to get dressed before going to work-- if it
were simply embarrassing.  But no,  in this case "You're fired".
("Sacked")

> Everyone else doesn't need to spend that much money but it is easily
> done with good people and a bit of effort.  ... or people can do it
> themselves with a DVCam.

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue