[Tig] interesting study: "Gender Recognition of Human Faces Using Color"

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Thu Dec 11 20:34:25 GMT 2008

This is an interesting study about researchers who studied lots of faces
and discovered that men's skin tones tend toward a particular hue, and
women's skin tones tend toward a different hue.

See if you can guess the hues before you click:

http://news.brown.edu/pressreleases/2008/12/color

I would say that this result makes sense to me (I do find myself fixing
that color in men a lot), but I read the article before thinking about
it so I might be projecting.

Should they have just asked a colorist first before going to all the
trouble of doing a study? :)

Owen Williams
--
Freelance Online Editor / Colorist