[Tig] Slightly off topic: Inkjet prints that don't fade or change color?

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sun Dec 28 15:58:52 GMT 2008

On Dec 28, 2008, at 5:37 PM, peter_swinson wrote:

> Allegedly the prints are as robust as photographic prints. Others
> tell me
> they do not fade in brightly lit conditions, have over 100 years
> life in
> albums,

I wonder how this 100-year life is measured...  is there some way to
accelerate time
in a controlled experiment ?

by the way, being impressed by a printer has circular connotations..

> and I can attest to them being suitable for showing around at bars
> and in
> pubs, the images are 100% waterproof.
> I left a couple, for 2 days, in a bucket of water.

next, could you try a bucket of guiness?  there might be some quite
acceptable aging or
tinting to the prints, such that you'd usher in a new era of BRRE.
(incidentally, what do you call it when your feline slinky barmate
drops her ring in the pint?
: Bauble Rise Rate Experiment)

--
Rob Lingelbach