[Tig] Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Wed Mar 5 19:27:12 GMT 2008

>I think it was Edit 6---we had 5 edit bays. Don't forget Mike Jackson
>and Mike Cantebury, who are now at SSI. I think Eldon's last name was
>Phillips

Edit 6, and yes, Eldon's last name was Phillips (or just "Pop" to us).

I had the dubious honor of being banned from Emilio's for several months by
Emilio himself. A short version of the story:

I had had three or seven vodka tonics at the bar, along with the requisite
plate of calamari, when Emilio suddenly took it upon himself to serenade me
and the others at the bar, singing and playing his concertina to accompany
himself.

When he was done, he turned to me with a big smile and asked "Well, what do
you think of that?"

I looked around the floor at his feet and slurred "I think your monkey died."

Boom! I was asked to leave immediately and not return (I guess he picked up my
tab), and it wasn't until several months later that he sent word via Larry
Brisson that I could come back if I wanted to.

Ah, the good old days.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.