[Tig] OT-Nat. Be Kind to VT Tech's Week

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Mon Mar 24 21:06:34 GMT 2008

Since telecine and videotape recorders are (were) joined at the hip,
thought some of you might remember seeing this ad... posted today on
the Yahoo Final Cut Pro list by Chuck Reti.

Begin forwarded message:
> Here's one, mid-70's I think. from Videomax, promoting a "National Be
> Kind to Video Tape Technicians Week"
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/chuckr/tapetechs.jpg
>
> --
> Chuck Reti
> Detroit MI

He was replying to another scanned by Rick Emery from Life Magazine:
http://www.rickemery.com/tech.jpg

That prompted a posting by Dennis Egan, an editor at NBC's Today Show
at 30Rock in NYC:
I remember that. Here's my own version from 1974:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515339194/

---

So whatever your facility's techs's (or you) have their (your) head
stuck into this week... hope its not for long and has a successful
resolution. Oh, and that somebody keeps their (your) coffee cup
filled with the brew of your choice.

---

OLD VTRs/Telecine at NAB:
If you're into using or collecting Old VTRs  like 2" Quads and
helical, 1" in any flavor, EIAJ 1/2" and predecessors or other wierd
or unusual VTR's... old edit systems... or old telecine equpment
there's a group of us gathering around 12:30p, Tuesday in the Cafe at
the front of South Hall.

This ought to be convenient for folks with limited time and evening
obligations.

E-mail me off list for any details and my cell phone.

Hope your day is going smoothly.

Ted

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:   (530) 741-1212

tedlangdell.com. Storytelling through Broadcast Coverage and Creative
Services since 1974

With 3GHz 4-processor MacPro powering Final Cut Studio