[Tig] SD capture

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Mar 28 23:56:22 GMT 2008

On Mar 29, 2008, at 1:01 AM, Bob Kertesz wrote:
> "The card is usually being talked to by an
> editing application, Why would you want to switch away from that?"
>
> Why indeed?
>
> Perhaps because, in the real world, people expect their computers to
> be able
> to do more than one thing at a time.

this sounds like the situation with hardware before the Intel 386 CPU,
and then the 486 CPU.  I was so incomparably happy with the 386 when I
realized it would multitask, albeit with memory limitations; then,
when I started learning Unix in 1987, I realized that MS-DOS/Windows
had this strange "extended memory" that limited that very
multitasking.  Unix superceded all of that, and opened the horizon for
programmers.

so.. is Blackmagic running on Windows only, and limited by extended
memory?

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html