[Tig] SD capture

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Sat Mar 29 00:16:13 GMT 2008

>so.. is Blackmagic running on Windows only, and limited by extended
>memory?

Runs on Windows or Mac. Has the same issue with both.

I don't think it has anything to do with memory or address space. Seems like a
design decision. What possible justification can there be for flushing the
card's frame buffer if the application talking to it loses OS focus? Who
thought that was a good idea?

I was thinking of using mine as an HD stillstore, but now I'm back to looking
at AJA, whose Xena cards don't do that, and I can actually load other programs
and even check email while the card has the same still up for an hour.

--Bob

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.