[Tig] Tig Digest, Vol 72, Issue 6

Doug Delaney delaneydoug at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:36:49 BST 2008

Exactly something that happened to me about 2 years ago while grading a DI
on a Barco dp100.  The client had gotten very used to looking at their movie
on an HD monitor (feature shot on 900s for filmout).  While grading a dark
night exterior, the director and DP kept asking me for deeper blacks.  As I
looked at the histogram, I see may blacks are at or near full film black and
clearly can't get much blacker.  So I pulled the whites up a bit, and voila
- "that's much better - nice blacks".

Doug Delaney
colorist - Post Logic LA