[Tig] CRT vs LCD vs DLP-Proj

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Nov 19 18:58:26 GMT 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 8:49 PM, Joseph Slomka wrote:

> I am not a fan of multiple displays in a grading suite. You should,
> of course , dictate you setup based on your clients needs. I have
> found that ambiguitiy about color makes timing sessions more
> challenging for the colorist. I don't want to present a client with
> any choices of what the 'right' color is. In a DI suite each display
> is a master and represents what the client should expect as the
> final product.

it's nice to know that certain assumptions about having more than one
monitor in a suite, based on years of experience, are
confirmed.  yet,  with some monitors, meaning BVMs, you can get very
close, such that differences are difficult to perceive.

yet... there is still the concept, in a philosophical sense, of there
being a "master monitor," perfectly (or as close to as possible)
to which the second (client monitor) is matched.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org    http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html