[Tig] O.T. Old recorders (was enginner needed)

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Sat Oct 4 22:13:04 BST 2008

On Oct 3, 2008, at 2:12 AM, Craig Fearing wrote:

> Your spelling of Pont de L'Alma is correct, but the Princess died in
> the
> tunnel that takes the Voie Pompidou under the right-bank access to
> that
> bridge.

in my imagination, because I had crossed that bridge on foot so many
times, I had
Diana/driver/et al. crossing the bridge before entering the freeway/
expressway/fast road
along the Seine, but in truth I only knew they were close to the bridge.

> Shame about the power supply.  More than one daVinci supply has died
> in that
> same fashion.  Fortunately, they all auto-switch these days.

auto-switching.  you just answered a longstanding question of mine.
And I thought
that was a chop-shop technique.

> where it went eventually, but it wasn't into the Seine -- that would
> be
> insane!

yes, you're right, but it was college life in Paris, la vie en rose...

> BTW, re the former topic, what is an "enginner"?  Is that what I
> used to
> play on television?

did you appear on TV?    and that would mean, over the air, analog,
broadcast
TV?   so those who tune into our spectrum, galactically, will be able
to see it in
a few thousand years?

To me, an enginner is "one who engins, or makes use of gin to gain an
advantage, such as is done often on northern Long Island estates, at
bridge parties ..."
(src: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby)

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org    http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html