[Tig] Shrunken 35mm nitrate to HD-Spirit loses frame

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Oct 17 17:29:35 BST 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 7:03 PM, Peter Swinson wrote:

> I guess just one stray static spark could cause a nitrate fire.

I've watched the training film on handling nitrate film, produced
I believe by Kodak, and it was necessary, in order to burn nitrate
film of a certain condition, to hold a flame to it.    However, I
don't remember if flammability increases with deterioration of
the film over time (gas and bubbling vinegar state).

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org    http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html