[Tig] Camera thoughts

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Fri Apr 3 22:10:15 BST 2009

When the storyteller connects to the audience?
Blair Witch needed to convey that it was a bunch of people running
around in the woods with personal cameras, so sending a 150-person
crew with a battery of super35 bodies and Superspeeds wouldn't have
been appropriate.  However, it sent the wrong message, or it got
interpreted as, Hey! we can shoot movies on Handycams!

On 3-Apr-09, at 2:57 PM, Russell Chesley wrote:

> what does "good" even mean in terms of
> achieving the appropriate effect upon the viewer?

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4