[Tig] +6db on Spirit

Ken Robinson ken at flight4.org
Thu Apr 16 17:28:49 BST 2009

Well... +6dB doesn't add very much of anything to the signal, unless you are
in data mode... I really looked and saw almost no difference at all... What
does happen though is that you can run less amps through the lamp... Which
can help when things are on the edge so to speak....
Err like the white stuff in the skid plate gets dirty and no one has 12,000
euro to replace it!!

Getting grain out of a Spirit... buy a Cintel machine maybe... ok, that was
a low blow!
Try, turning the lamp down as much as possible... sticking some ND in the
gate... and stretch it.

ken robinson

Argentina GSM: +54 9 2941 637570

====

On Apr 16, 2009, at 6:17 PM, Steve Roberts - Post Production wrote:

> Worse signal to noise actually - you're just putting more gain into
> the

can I get more grain from +6db?,  and, if not, what are some techniques
for adding grain to spirit transfers?

regards
Rob

--