[Tig] Which lamps in a color suite

David Tosh dlt at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 2 15:27:53 GMT 2009

Peter Berg wrote:
> I had heard that doing 6500k in the entire room does not make for the best 'client' experience.  Would either of these bulbs be close enough to daylight that they would not alter the grading too much?  I would like to have a nice neutral room, but also an inviting room which doesn't feel too cool.  Is that even possible.  I could put an Ideal-Lume behind my monitor for some 6500k backlight?

A halogen source has a wide spectrum and will feel a lot more
comfortable than a fluorescent with the same nominal color temperature.
Try it out. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a mixture of sources if they
don't shift the overall illumination of natural objects that the
eye/brain wants to perceive as neutral.

David Tosh