[Tig] Color correct monitors

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Feb 6 18:12:03 GMT 2009

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, Martin Parsons wrote:

>> I'm lost as to why these companies cannot make a larger
>> display format when the technology has been around for quite some time
>> now.

There are surely cases where suitably-calibrated consumer DLP
rear-projection TVs can be used.  While DLP lacks sex-appeal due to
not being a flat-panel technology, it does offer a stable image with
excellent reproducibility as long as automatic modes in the firmware
are disabled.  Recent models accept a 10 or 12-bit 1080P input via
HDMI.  The price is also quite good, providing plenty of money left
over to make sure that the set is extremely well calibrated.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn