[Tig] Thin (underexposed) neg and dirt

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Feb 12 19:26:28 GMT 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Joe Owens wrote:
> originally posed by our esteemed colleague John Galt in an address replicated
> here:
> http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/the-truth-about-2k-4k-the-future-of-pixels

This is an excellent article.  I appreciated the truthful perspective
on the Bayer pattern and actual resolution.  Better resolved pixels
are usually more useful than more fuzzy pixels in the same image.
Most people will be looking at images in HD or "2K" resolution.
Using higher frame rates, and native HDR sensors seems like a great
way for the industry to go.

If you take the stated Bayer resolution and divide it by four, then
you have a more realistic statement of actual resolution.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn