[Tig] binocular glasses

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Mon Feb 16 19:10:53 GMT 2009

In our living-room environments now common in grading suites, I have
always been interested in the functions of binocular glasses, which
could be issued to clients as they walk in the door.  I refer to a
previous comment on the TIG (of a few years ago).  This solution could
be a lot cheaper and easier than providing a second matched, grade 1
monitor, in the back of the suite for those lounging clients.  Here's
the URL for those interested:

> http://tinyurl.com/ypdgey

and the comment from a TIG subscriber, as to the response:
---------

Hi Rob,
i tested one in a little optometrist shop here around the corner.
Because i am doing a lot of cinema/grading room projector
calibration jobs it attracts me very much.
After my short test i was very enthusiastic about that crazy crazy
glasses. Color rendering seems to be good (sun was shining and i saw
no changes with my trained eyes..)
and the magnification puts you instantly in a better position
to judge most kinds of picture attributes/quality.
I was too thrifty to buy one but the next time i see one of those
i will think again about it.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org