[Tig] Archiving Digital footage

Kaspar Kallas kaspar at duograaf.ee
Mon Feb 23 08:42:47 GMT 2009

Hi

We used LTO 2 years ago but since then the HDD prices have dropped significantly so we keep everything on HDD's for better access and faster corruption detection. (also had some problems reading from LTO's after a while (had a dedicated box running gentoo, all LTO's were TAR))
All backups are made in 2, each drive is kept physically in different location (in case of burglary, fire etc.). Once a year disk is checked, if problem arrises then we just fetch b-copy and clone it again.
So far, so good (we have been rather careless about FS, so far most is HFS and some are NTFS)

Kaspar Kallas
Digitalsputnik
Estonia