[Tig] tig:Blu (e) Ray & HD Audio

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Tue Jan 13 01:19:03 GMT 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 10:54 PM, Owen Williams wrote:

> After I get out of a movie theater it takes me a moment to adjust to
> how
> smooth motion in real life is :).

nothing like real life.   as a child going to the cinema with my mom
who dragged me to see Peter Sellers films (thanks mom) the most
jarring thing I remember was how tiny seemed the human heads walking
up the aisle to get more popcorn, and then afterwards, it took some
adjustment to resize reality.   Does the same thing happen with audio,
where the bass of real life takes an adjustment after the 10Hz or
whatever rumbles of excellent theatre systems?

There used to be and probably still is an organ in Atlantic City that
had a pipe at CCCCC, 64'9" long, ..what is it, about 6 Hz?

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org