[Tig] reversal film look from video?

Dave Pickett pickettscharge at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:30:07 GMT 2009

Rob,
I had some success last year on video origination with a daVinci by dragging the blue channel to zero on the gui.  Then drove the gain pretty hard to cause it to break up a bit and added a little texture with the defocus tool in reverse.  Adjust the blue gain channel to taste.  A hard vignette and it looked pretty good.  If it is originated on RED it would probably be beneficial to set your transcode up to give you a lot of headroom for highlites so your whites dont go screaming off the charts before you tear the video a bit.

Good luck,

Dave

Dave Pickett
Colorist