[Tig] NASA tapes - the saga continues

Simon Cuff Simon.Cuff at digitalvision.se
Sat Jul 4 12:31:36 BST 2009

We're currently working on an EU funded project called Video Start that
aim's to improve preservation and digital remastering of tape based
archives.

This will go along side our film restoration technology that will be
fairly complete by the end of the year.

Certainly our motion estimator which we are continuing to improve helps
extract more detail and dynamic range from the digital signal coming out
of the VTR. The project however is not looking at the physical side of
capturing the signal where I'm sure there could also be many
improvements.

Simon Cuff
Digital Vision